Treating the spirit, mind, and body to a good massage at least once a month is a great way to stay healthy and vibrant. Massage is also highly encouraged after Rolfing and Fascial Stretch Therapy for effectively holding the work and keeping the kinks out. Regular massage and fascial stretch therapy, with an occasional Rolfing tune-up session will help your body feel great for life!
We use customized myofascial, deep tissue, trigger point, and energy balancing techniques to work out your body’s issues.
Hot Healing Stone Massage
Stones are placed on the body and used as a massaging tool to deeply relax the nerves and unwind tension.
A specialized combination of essential oils are incorporated into the massage to help the body heal and relax the mind. The essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic grade; extracted from various plant sources including: flowers, leaves, bark, and roots.
Relaxation Massage for second and third trimester Moms-to-be.
Dry Skin Brushing
Increases fluid flow, calms the superficial nerve endings, exfoliates for healthier skin, aids in lymphatic drainage, reduces cellulite, and feels really good.
Focuses on improving the cerebralspinal fluid flow from the brain to the sacrum and peripherally throughout the body. Further, it can aid in the release of suppressed emotions that cause body tension and disease.
Benefits of a Massage
Our lives today are intense and the impact is rough on our bodies. Experts believe stress induced tension accounts for 80 – 90% of disease. Getting a massage is a great way for us to reduce the stress, improving both our physical and mental well being. In fact, massage has been proven beneficial for a variety of ailments from arthritis to tension headaches, depression to high blood pressure, carpal tunnel to lactic acid build up…
- Improves our ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity.
- Improves emotional state of being by satisfying the human needs for caring and nurturing touch.
- Fosters a feeling of well-being.
- Fosters peace of mind and promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness.
- Triggers a calming of the nervous system and lowers blood pressure, eliciting a relaxation response and reducing tense muscles and anxiety levels.
- Reduces pain by stimulating the release of endorphins – our body’s natural painkiller.
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection.
- Increases circulation three times, pumping oxygen and nutrients to our vital organs and more efficiently removing toxins and wastes from our bodies.
- This also strengthens the immune system by increasing lymph production, our body’s natural defense against disease.
- Relaxes and unwinds tight stressed-out muscles and increases range of motion and flexibility.
- Improves posture, coordination, and increased body awareness by normalizing blocked energy flow through out our bodies.