What is Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai Yoga Massage has been practiced in Thailand for centuries and is the combination of passive yoga stretching, acupressure, and energy meridian work. Throughout a Thai Yoga Massage session, the therapist’s focus is on Metta, which means loving kindness, and this positive energy is passed on to the recipient during the massage.
Receiving a Thai Yoga Massage
Thai Yoga Massage is a treatment that uses no oils or lotions, and the massage is done on a mat on the floor with the recipient wearing stretchable clothing. Thai Yoga Massage can be modified to fit a wide range of physical needs and abilities.
There are many ways that Thai Yoga Massage stimulates the body’s natural healing process:
- increases range of motion
- relaxes the nervous system
- relieves pain
- improves muscular tone
- increases circulation
- helps repair overused muscles
- maximizes lymphatic drainage to detox the body and improve the immune system
- balances energetic flow throughout the body