7 Chakras Aromatherapy Massage
For the body to be at optimal health, you need balance in the 7 hierarchic chakras of energy located in successive energy vortexes of the body and a 7 Chakras Aromatherapy Massage can balance and heal. These vortexes should flow synchronously with each other, not one excessively stronger, or out of balance in comparison to the others:
- Root Chakra – The red chakra located at your pubic synthesis is related to basic survival and grounding.
- Sacral Chakra – The orange chakra located at your hips is associated with family and sexuality.
- Solar Plexus – Located just above the belly button, this is the yellow chakra. Like the Sun, all else circles around it and it represents your reason for being alive – your life’s purpose.
- Heart Chakra – This green chakra coincides with giving and receiving love.
- Throat Chakra – The blue chakra is about communication and expression.
- Third Eye Chakra – The indigo chakra is located between your two eyes and corelates with intuition and foresight.
- Crown Chakra – Located at the top of your head, this purple chakra is all about spirituality.
Associated with these 7 Chakras, are specific body parts and health issues that can arise when the chakra is not flowing effectively. Below are examples of some of the oils that we use in an aromatherapy massage session:
- Body parts: adrenal gland, feet, knees, hips, legs
- Symptoms of imbalance: anemia, depression, fatigue, sciatica, low back pain, cold hands/feet
- Body parts: lower back, bladder, ovaries, testes, womb, uterus, spleen
- Symptoms of imbalance: eating disorder, drug abuse, yeast infection urinary problems, impotence
- Body parts: pancreas, stomach, gall bladder, liver, nervous system
- Symptoms of imbalance: digestive, ulcers, diabetes, constipation, toxicity, parasites, poor memory, nervousness
- Body parts: thymus, heart, lungs, arms, hands, fingers
- Symptoms of imbalance: high blood pressure, tension, breast cancer, breathing disorders
- Body parts: thyroid, throat, jaw, neck, vocal chords, lungs, parathyroid, hypothalamus
- Symptoms of imbalance: thyroid issues, infection and fever, TMJ, hormone issues, mouth issues
Third Eye Chakra
- Body parts: pituitary gland, eyes, ears, nose, brain
- Symptoms of imbalance: learning disabilities, coordination skills, sleep disorders
- Body parts: pineal gland, skin, brain, nervous system
- Symptoms of imbalance: headaches, mental illness, skin rashes, varicose veins, epilepsy
Therapeutic Grade Essential oils have healing properties that can balance the 7 Chakras. Based on your weak energetic areas, the following oils can be beneficial:
- Ginger – circulation, grounding, anti-depression
- Cedarwood – grounding, calming, aphrodisiac
- Cardamom – uplifting, fights dispair
- Orange – cheerful, good for flatulence
- Lemon – nervous conditions, anxiety, cleansing
- Juniper – air cleanser, sedative
- Rose – warms the heart, calms tension
- Basil – bronchitis, exhaustion, muscle aches
- Peppermint – breathing, inflammation
- Eucalyptus – coughing, flu, sinusitis
Third Eye Chakra
- Vetiver – insomnia, focusing the mind
- Patchouli – calms the mind and emotions
- Lavender – burns, cuts, headaches, calming
- Tea Tree – skin issues, shock
Contact us if you are interested in an Aromatherapy Massage Session.
*Safety Information: Essential oils are not medicine, and the above list represents suggestions and not prescribed medical treatments. This information represents the educated opinion of aromatherapy practitioners. Always discuss treatment of medical conditions with your medical practitioner. When using essential oils topically, dilute and be aware of skin sensitivities. Some essential oils, like basil, cinnamon, juniper, and clove should be avoided during pregnancy. Citrus essential oils may require reduced sun exposure. Sedative essential oils should not be taken while driving. Don’t get essential oils in your eyes and don’t ingest. etc.., etc…, etc…